NOW - New York State Co-Sponsors Battered Mothers Custody Conference in Albany, NY
January 2, 2012
Search Site With
Come to Albany, New York next weekend--January 6th, 7th, and 8th--to hear the nation's experts on issues affecting battered women and their children! The Ninth Annual Battered Mothers Custody Conference (BMCC IX):
Is What We're Doing Working?
Friday, Jan. 6th 2012 starting at 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 7th starting at 8:30 a.m. until 9:15 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 8th starting at 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn Turf
205 Wolf Road, Albany, NY
Come see the special BMCC Premier of Professor Garland Waller's New Documentary No Way Out But One, featuring Holly, Jennifer, and Zachary Collins. Come hear plenary presentations and workshops by the best-of-the-best attorneys, authors, advocates and activists working on behalf of protective mothers and their children:
- Dr. Phyllis Chesler, Author of the newly released edition of Mothers on Trial
- Lundy Bancroft, Author of The Batterer as Parent, Why Does He Do That?, and other books
- Barry Goldstein, Author and Co-Editor of Domestic Violence, Child Custody, and Abuse
- Angela Shelton, Actress, Author, and Producer of Looking for Angela Shelton
- Wendy Murphy, J.D., Victims' Advocate, Author of And Justice for Some
- Karen Huffer, Author, Legal Abuse Syndrome
- Rita Smith, Executive Director, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Learn from the most experienced women's custody attorneys in the country, including
- Toby Kleinman, J.D.
- Joan Zorza, J.D.
- Nancy Erickson, J.D.
Attend workshops given by advocates for protective mothers from across the country.
Please register NOW for the Ninth Battered Mothers Custody Conference! Online registration and hotel information are available at www.batteredmotherscustodyconference.org.
Saturday and Sunday lunch are included in the registration fee.
Low-cost registration available to battered mothers and unpaid/low-paid advocates.
No-cost child care will be available by arrangement throughout the weekend!
Contact Dr. Mo Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, go to www.batteredmotherscustodyconference.org.